3/17/2012

Honey Hot Chocolate




Our house was a bit on the chilly side this St. Patrick's Day afternoon. And so my daughter and I decided to make some hot chocolate. And, given our honey obsession, we adapted the Hershey’s Cocoa recipe to make special Honey Hot Chocolate. It was yummy and I wanted to share!

In most recipes, substitute 1/2 as much honey as sugar by volume. I wanted this to be extra sweet and so I substituted 1/3 cup honey for 1/2 cup sugar. 



1/3 cup Honey 
1/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
Dash Salt
1/3 cup Hot Water
1 1/3 cup Powdered Milk
4 cups Water
3/4 t Vanilla Extract (I forgot this once and it was still yummy)

Mix honey, cocoa, salt, and powdered milk in a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup hot water. Wisk it well if you want the yummy froth on top. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and add vanilla.


Variation: I also make this with a drop of peppermint essential oil to make mint hot chocolate. Yum! Cinnamon is sounding pretty tempting too.

No comments: